Friday, January 30, 2015

Keepin' on building

First post for the new year, and something new. I have recently been working on a Baldwin Steam Tram Motor in N scale, the chassis, which I initially had a go at in printed circuit board turned out to be a bit of a failure, so I reverted to my usual methods of using brass with bearings and whipper pickups made from Phosphor Bronze. A Caramel N motor is used with gears from a Life Like switcher bogie used to transmit motion to drive a single axle with side rods being used to transfer power to the other set of wheels.






I have also completed models of:


3229 - with 6 wheel tender



3229 was inspired by a photograph in Train Hobby Publication's book "Central - The Steam Station" and the tender is fairly unusual in that the hungry boards are flush with the tender sides. Archer Fine Transfers form the rivet detail and the motor is mounted in the tender with a shaft across to the engine.

5278 - Standard goods with etched turret tender


The engine was scratchbuilt and the tender was an etch already completed which I merely made a chassis for with Kato Caboose bogies fitted for smooth pickup. The motor is mounted in the smokebox and the worm is just visible above the centre drivers.

3044 - C30 Tank Engine


My second build of a 30 class tank, this time without headlight. 

















13 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Superb modelling, is the plan to build a layout to showcase your stock or do you just enjoy building the loco's and stock?

    Cheers

    Paul

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Paul,

      Yes I have been working on a layout and your comment reminds me that I should post something about it! I will try to do this in the near future. Basically it is loosely based on Toronto NSW with some artistic license here and there. I am hoping that it will be a suitable layout that can also be exhibited too.

      James

      Delete
  3. Hi James

    Great modelling,particularly in N Scale!

    I am planning to produce a free e-magazine devoted to N Scale in Australia a la Model Railroad Hobbyist (USA) but on a more modest scale in the near future.

    I would like to use some of your photos.

    If you could contact me at "nscaleexpress@gmail.com" I would appreciate it.

    I already produce an e-mag concerning railways in Vietnam
    called "Re-Unification Express" (though the latest issue is running very late).

    You can see the issues I've produced so far at my website "http://railwaysinvietnam.com".

    I notice you haven't posted on your blog for some time.

    I will assume that if I don't hear from you I can go ahead and use some images and quote some of your text.

    David Gurnett

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The 54th annual Academy of Country Music Awards nominee list went live February 20. ACM Awards 2019 Live via live ACM Awards 2019 Live Streamor Following in the country icon's footsteps, Luke shared a similar opinion on the Entertainer of the Year nominees just last week. ACM Awards 2019 Live Streaming He also called out Reba specifically, justifying her role as a viable advocate for female musicians. "I think Reba has earned the right to voice her opinion on matters like that," Luke added. ACM Awards 2019 Live Stream Tickets for the ACM Awards, which will take place at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas, are now available. ACM Awards 2019 Live The ACMs air live Sunday, April 7th, at 8:00 p.m. ET (delayed PT) on CBS.

    ReplyDelete